Have a technical aptitude and entrepreneurial spirit? Are you intellectually curious and confident? Then you might be the right fit for our Head of Sales. At first, you’ll be expected to lead the sales cycle and uncover our early managed service clients, with the support of a pre-sales function. You’ll then be able to take the reins and develop the team as you see fit and as the market demands.
Since 1999, Fasthosts has been designing new ways to give customers everything they need to manage and control their online space and we’ve become one of the leading internet technology businesses in the UK. We’re a team of tech-focus innovators, offering the latest innovations across our range of services including domain names, shared web hosting, business-class email, dedicated & virtual servers, cloud hosting, secure online storage and online backup.
We’re now planning for the next stage of growth and are currently implementing a shift from 'platform-only' provider to a full service management service. This is so we can improve our customers’ experiences and continue to be a world-class provider while differentiating ourselves in a crowded market. This role is part of a wider team being recruited to lead this shift in focus and to aggressively target new client acquisition and revenue growth.
So what’s the job?
We’re entering a new market and as Head of Sales you’ll be accountable for creating and leading a team of new Business Execs and Account Managers. We’ll ask you to develop and execute the sales plan to achieve revenue targets and you’ll enjoy the full assistance of the company to help you be successful. You’ll be surrounded by a great team of people who you can learn from, but who also want to learn from you too.
You’ll be selling the Fasthosts managed service offering to the UK market, working closely with the Marketing team to target decision makers across the C suite . The right candidate will be responsible for consistently hitting a plan and forecasting successes while closely aligning with the business to evaluate all leads coming into the team, providing a consistent feedback loop.
This is a great opportunity to build something new and be responsible for helping to shape our direction of travel. Your team will also contribute by helping us further understand the changing needs of our target market, and keep the service/support/product teams up to date with the latest requests and market challenges.
This role carries a target and pay is made up of basic salary + commission with OTE of £70,000 - 90,000
What will you be doing?
- Establish and execute new business processes
- Project and forecast sales for Fasthosts corporate market
- Create and implement plans to hit your team’s revenue goals
- Build and execute strategies for Fasthosts corporate market
- Assist Account Managers in oversight and execution of their strategic plans
- Participate in recruiting and hiring
- Train and grow talent to help them advance in their careers
- Learn and demonstrate our platforms and services to new prospective customers
- Negotiate contracts
- Assist in pricing conversations
- Successfully use and train on sales tools
- Ensure that every prospective client (regardless of purchasing decision) has an excellent experience when dealing with Fasthosts
What experience do you need under your belt?
We know that salespeople come in all shapes and sizes and we welcome applications from people with a variety of backgrounds. You might have a background involving something like:
- Perhaps you’re a sales person working in a technology-led market who’s tired of the way things work now and wants to make a difference
- Maybe you’ve got a great network in your current role and are a natural networker and relationship builder
- You may have worked for another internet hosting company in a solutions-focussed sales role
- You could have been in a completely unrelated industry, working in a solutions-focussed sales role and are looking for a change
In terms of skills though, we’re looking for someone who:
- Is a ‘go-getter’ who can identify new prospects easily
- Is a dab-hand with sales software like LinkedIn Sales Navigator and HubSpot Sales Pro
- Is a quick learner who can absorb information easily and readily
- Is an expert listener and empathetic salesperson
You’ll also have:
- Experience in sales management and leadership, preferably in an IAAS/managed services environment
- Demonstrable consistent track record of hitting goals and sales targets
- Previously owned and forecasted revenue contribution
- Managed teams in size from 5 to 20 people
- A willingness to learn in a high-paced sales environment
- The ability to embrace feedback and hold yourself accountable
- The skill to learn technology basics and apply them to business situations
But what about you?
It’s as much about you as it is about us. We welcome anyone who pushes themselves and wants to be challenged every day. We value what each person brings to the table, from amazing ideas to great work attitudes. That’s why it’s only fair that we give as much as we receive. We offer loads of benefits to support your health (both physical and mental) and your work/life balance. We also encourage individual growth with tailored development plans.
More benefits include (but are by no means limited to):
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Hybrid working policy
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare and Life assurance
- Employee assistance programmes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking close to our offices in a vibrant city centre location
- Free soft drinks, fruit and excellent coffee available in our multiple break rooms.
And of course the fun stuff! When you spend so much time with your colleagues we want to make sure you have the benefit of social events, summer and Christmas parties, fitness groups, running teams and so much more.
Like the sound of working at Fasthosts? We don’t blame you, we think it’s pretty great too! Send us your application and if we think you might fit the bill, a member of our recruitment team will be in touch for an initial call to talk about what to expect next.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
As an equal opportunities employer, Fasthosts is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief,, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Fasthosts.