Does having a direct influence on key business decisions motivate you? We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our expanding FP&A team based in Gloucester. We’re looking for someone that can help us meet the growing business demand for data-driven commercial insights, whilst also ensuring we deliver robust and accurate financial planning. In addition, the role will support the ongoing development of our Business Intelligence capabilities.
Since 1999, Fasthosts has been designing new ways to give customers everything they need to manage and control their online space and we’ve become one of the leading internet technology businesses in the UK. We’re a team of tech-focus innovators, offering the latest innovations across our range of services including domain names, shared web hosting, business-class email, dedicated & virtual servers, cloud hosting, secure online storage and online backup.
We’ve come a long way since we first started in 1999 and we’re always on the lookout for more talent to join our ranks.
Fasthosts offer a hybrid working model to provide the work/life balance that we have all come to appreciate, with the support and equipment to ensure you have everything you need to work effectively. Coupled with a competitive salary and great benefits, Fasthosts is a great place to work!
So what’s the job?
Reporting directly to the Financial Analysis & BI Manager, you will collaborate across a variety of areas in the business, including Sales & Marketing, Product, and Operations. You will be a key point of contact for internal stakeholders in relation to understanding financial KPIs, commercial performance, customer behaviour – and much more.
Using your highly analytical mindset and comfort working with large volumes of data, you will communicate the results of your analysis clearly and confidently through the use of dashboards, spreadsheets and written and verbal communication.
Additionally, you will play a vital role in the budgeting and forecast cycles. The working environment is highly dynamic, where innovation and creative problem solving are highly valued.
We are looking for a self-starter with a strong desire to learn and develop within the role and will strive to solve problems creatively. Strong attention to detail is essential, and you must be comfortable working in an ever-changing environment where tasks are often ad-hoc/project-based. You must have the ability to self-manage workloads and meet deadlines.
What will you get up to?
- Delivering insightful analysis and making data-driven recommendations to support business strategy and commercial decision-making.
- Delivering timely and accurate budgets and forecasts of Fasthosts revenue & KPIs and providing insight into business performance, ensuring any variances are well understood.
- Partnering closely with internal stakeholders across a variety of departments to provide analysis and relevant support when required.
- Communicating and reporting KPIs to the wider business including senior management
- Utilising PowerBI to produce reports that fulfil stakeholder requirements and to further enhance Fasthosts BI offering
- Developing new KPIs where appropriate, and refining existing metrics to fulfil the evolving business needs.
- Working directly with the Business Intelligence Managers to develop new and existing data sources and transform these into BI
- Liaising directly with BI functions across the wider Group to ensure KPI consistency and development of new metrics
- Ensure operational sales targets are set appropriately and performance is accurately tracked
- Undertake appraisal of business cases and utilising financial modelling tools to compare scenarios
What experience do you need under your belt?
- Previous experience working as part of an FP&A team, or in a similar role
- Prior experience in budgeting and forecasting
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience in using SQL queries (or similar) to extract data
- Experience in using PowerBI or similar tools to deliver visual reports/dashboards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage workload across a variety of projects in a dynamic environment
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant
But what about you?
It’s as much about you as it is about us. We welcome anyone who pushes themselves and wants to be challenged every day. We value what each person brings to the table, from amazing ideas to great work attitudes. That’s why it’s only fair that we give as much as we receive. We offer loads of benefits to support your health (both physical and mental) and your work/life balance. We also encourage individual growth with tailored development plans.
More benefits include (but are by no means limited to):
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Hybrid working policy
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare and Life assurance
- Employee assistance programmes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking close to our offices in a vibrant city centre location
- Free soft drinks, fruit and excellent coffee available in our multiple break rooms.
And of course the fun stuff! When you spend so much time with your colleagues we want to make sure you have the benefit of social events, summer and Christmas parties, fitness groups, running teams and so much more.
So, like the sound of working at Fasthosts? We don’t blame you, we think it’s pretty great too! Send us your application and if we think you might fit the bill a member of our recruitment team will be in touch for an initial call to talk about what to expect next.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
As an equal opportunities employer, Fasthosts is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Fasthosts.