Since 1999, Fasthosts has been designing new ways to give customers everything they need to manage and control their online space and we’ve become one of the leading internet technology businesses in the UK. We’re a team of tech-focus innovators, offering the latest innovations across our range of services including domain names, shared web hosting, business-class email, dedicated & virtual servers, cloud hosting, secure online storage and online backup.
We’ve come a long way since we first started in 1999 and we’re always on the lookout for more talent to join our ranks. Come join us on our Journey…
So what’s the job?
Working within high performance and high availability environments, the Senior Windows Systems Engineer is responsible for the operational management and maintenance of Windows based cloud and hosting systems platforms and services.
The successful candidate will join a team of experienced Windows Systems Engineers that help support and drive the technical future of the business.
You will need to be an excellent communicator, adept at operating both on your own and as part of the larger team to provide technical expertise to both technical and non-technical contacts.
What will you get up to?
- Work closely within the team to support current platforms, working to increase security, performance, resilience, capacity or manageability as well as contributing to the planning, building and delivery of new strategic systems.
- Work with other departments within the business to offer support and collaborate on projects
- Work within an on call rota providing out of hours support when required
What experience do you need under your belt?
- Windows Server administration (2012 R2, 2016, 2019, 2022)
- In-depth Hyper-V knowledge
- Experience working at scale - Disaster recovery, high availability
- Configuration management (Puppet/Ansible/Chef)
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals
- Security fundamentals
- Demonstrate the ability to take ownership and support the business and team members
But what about you?
It’s as much about you as it is about us. We welcome anyone who pushes themselves and wants to be challenged every day. We value what each person brings to the table, from amazing ideas to great work attitudes. That’s why it’s only fair that we give as much as we receive. We offer loads of benefits to support your health (both physical and mental) and your work/life balance. We also encourage individual growth with tailored development plans.
More benefits include (but are by no means limited to):
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Hybrid working policy
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare and Life assurance
- Employee assistance programmes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking close to our offices in a vibrant city centre location
- Free soft drinks, fruit and excellent coffee available in our multiple break rooms.
And of course the fun stuff! When you spend so much time with your colleagues we want to make sure you have the benefit of social events, summer and Christmas parties, fitness groups, running teams and so much more.
So, like the sound of working at Fasthosts? We don’t blame you, we think it’s pretty great too! Send us your application and if we think you might fit the bill a member of our recruitment team will be in touch for an initial call to talk about what to expect next.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
As an equal opportunities employer, Fasthosts is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Fasthosts.